Sometimes a client will require information to be delivered in a divided format, such as a phone number. When this occurs, you will need to build sub-strings into your field mapping.
- Got to the Clients tab and open the client you would like to adjust
- Once the client is open, go to that clients Delivery Method
- Choose the delivery method you want to adjust and click Modify
- Once in the Delivery Method Detail menu, go to the Field Mapping tab
- Click the Add Mapping button to create the first field
In order to add the sub-string of a field, you will need to divide the field into sections and create an individual field for each division. For instance, a phone number will be divided into Area Code – Prefix – Suffix from the single field of Phone.
- Add the Field Name, and select ‘Sub-String’ from the dropdown menu under Field Type
- In the ‘Expression’ box, add the first field that you are dividing
The correct formatting to sub-string a field starts with the original field in brackets, then add the starting placement of the value (NOTE: the scale starts with a ‘0’), followed by the number of values that it needs to include. For example, a phone number would be divided like this: 012-345-6789, meaning the number would be formatted like this: [Phone],0,3 [Phone],3,3 [Phone],6,4. Please also note that the commas must be placed where they appear in the formatting as well.
- Once the divided field is entered, click OK
- Click Add Mapping to add the next sub-string of the divided field and repeat the previous four steps to fill out the Field Map menu.