FTP Delivery For Leads
Setting up FTP Delivery is very similar to the method of Setting up Email Delivery. To Set up FTP Delivery, you must first ensure that under General Settings you have FTP selected for Delivery Method.
Next, enter the delivery URL into the Delivery URL tab. Note: some FTP servers might require a username and password.
Now ensure that you have Default Mappings set, under your Field Mappings tab.
Configure Your File Details
Figure 4. File Format Settings.
In the File Format Settings you can choose which format you want to deliver your leads. You can choose from the following options:
- Tab Delimited
- Custom Delimited
Next you will fill out the rest of the File Properties including the File Name and your choice of Delivery Method, Email Attachment or Download Link.
To the right of the File Properties, you will see an area to fill out details for an additional file delivery.
Configure Your Processing Schedule Settings
Figure 5. Processing Schedule Settings.
The most common settings option for Frequency is ‘Realtime’, meaning the leads will be delivered as they are received.
The other option is to set a delivery schedule This will set a delivery to happen on the indicated time and days.
Figure 5a. Processing Schedule Settings
Configure Your Delivery Settings
Figure 6. Processing Schedule Settings.
The Delivery Settings Option portion of your delivery method allows you to send a notification email to your client that they have a lead. To set this up do the following
If using Email Attachment delivery method, include a from address. This will be the address your client sees in their email when a lead is viewed.
- Destination – This will pull from the email placed on the contact information OR you can put your own destination email to add multiple emails use the, to separate IE (firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com)
- Destination Copy and Blind copy are used to set up CC and BCC options for delivery.
- SMTP Server – This can be used if you want to use your own SMTP server for Email Delivery. It will require the SMTP Server Address
- If you require a username and password, you may enter them as well.
- Email Response To Lead – Customize your Response to your lead via an HTML editor.
Note: When using email delivery DO NOT CLICK send notification email
Ensure Your Delivery Account is Set to Your FTP Delivery
Figure 7. Delivery Account - Delivery Options.
The last step is to open your delivery account and ensure that under delivery options that your delivery method is tied to the FTP Delivery Created.