How to set up your custom Lead Type
- Go to the Settings tab
- Click Lead Types in the left-hand menu
- Click “New”
Once in the Lead Type Library screen, click ‘Custom’ on the bottom left-hand side of the screen.
This will bring up the Lead Type Editor completely blank. Here you are able to create all of the fields you wish to capture for your Lead Type.
Click the Add button to create a new lead field, and select the field type.
Available lead field types are:
- US Phone Number
- Number without Decimals
- Number with Decimals
- US State
Once you've selected your field type, you'll follow the next steps:
- Input the Field Description (How the field displays in the system)
- Input the Field Name (How the system reads the lead field)
- Set the system field type from the dropdown. All fields without a system field match should be set to "Custom"
- Is Required: Determines whether the field is required for leads to post into the system. Leads will reject back to your lead sources if a required field is not included in the request.
Next, you will need to set the field display options for the lead field. This will set where and how the lead field will display within the system. In most cases, you will have all of these options selected.
Depending on the lead field type selected there can be other options that need attention, such as formatting of date/time fields or adding enumeration values for dropdown fields.
Once you've completed these steps, click OK to add your lead field.
(For more details on how to create a lead type from the Lead Type library please visit: http://help.leadexec.net/en/articles/3514755-how-to-add-a-lead-type-from-the-library